Peace Garden of the Nations

Address:
E. 99th St. and Superior Ave.
Dedication Date:
First, as the American Legion Garden in 1936, then rededicated in 1939
Sponsoring Organization:

Tyrian Network


History & Design:

Beneath the Peace Monument is a crypt containing intermingled soil from historic shrines of the world, symbolizing world peace and harmony. Inscribed on the monument are these words: “In America, peace, understanding, amity, and cooperation among peoples of all nations.”

Map: